Thursday 12 December 2013

Ident/Ident preproduction/Ident Evaluation


Above it my mindmap for the ident. 

This is the ident for my production company, the design is pretty basic but this is because I feel an over-exaggerated ident may distract the viewers from the intent of the actual movie or give them a false representation of that it will be about. The purpose of it is to give the audience an idea of what to expect. My target audience is people of my own age, it appeals to them by being short, quick and to the point. The reason for the ident being the way it is is because I enjoy sci-fi programs (as shown by the space backdrop and the asteroids.) The ident also includes an element of comedy (the asteroid hitting the text causing it to fall off screen)

The original idea for the ident was simply just 'MrRAWEEE' fading in, accompanied by my face and then fading out again. Below are my print screens detailing the creation of the ident:

This was the first step, motion tracking an asteroid across a background of a starfield, The reason behind the 'space feel' of the ident is simply because I  have always been a fan of space/time travel and I like to think this ident represents it perfectly.

After the asteroid has passed, the next step was to make the text slowly zoom in and focus.
There is no real reason for this section of the ident other than the fact I thought it looked good.
Now the text was in focus and stationary, it was time to bring back the asteroid, only this time from the opposite side of the screen (motion tracking played a big part in the ident.)
The ident ends with the asteroid slamming into the text and knocking it off-screen. I did this to add a comedic-element to it as up until this point it had been quiet serious and bland. Although there is no sound throughout the ident, if I were to make it again/make adjustments to it I would definitely add sounds .


No comments:

Post a Comment